Pages

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Miniatures

I am currently working on a new series of miniature books.
 
These two were the first. Not glued, no mull - just bare.
I have always loved seeing books at this stage.

This one I covered with parts of a vintage Egyptian leather wallet, 
along with some old lace I had.

 Then I made more, which I covered.

And I didn't stop there.

This little series will be part of my Etsy restock in about one week.

I love returning to this original binding method which was incidentally the second method I was taught to do. The first was Coptic stitching with hard covers - the rest, I am self taught. 

I would take books apart and sew them back together over and over, until they nearly fell to pieces.

 

So after driving down the old gravel road,
I settle in my little cabin at night,
 by the salt lamp and fire, 
and stitch.

Looking forward to sharing these final creations with you all very soon.





3 comments:

  1. such lovely books and that road to your cabin is so pretty ... very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm inspired by the story behind the binding, and Louise, I am dangerously close to snatching one of these from your shop! I will have to be ready...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to see them! I imagine this is a very productive, introspective time in your world. Winter, the smell and crackle the fire, the warmth of the lamp light. . . and the creative discoveries within. :) That road. . . it feels as if it could lead you anywhere on a given day. . .

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...